Watkins & Letofsky, LLP
Call For A Free Consultation

September 2014 Archives

How do I prepare for an employment law consultation?

If you believe that your employer has either subjected you to illegal behaviors or has failed to intervene as others have done so, you may be able to hold your employer accountable for the harm you have suffered by filing an appropriate claim with the courts. Although some wronged workers choose to represent themselves, most seek out the advice of an attorney experienced in related matters of employment law.

Employment law changes enacted this year, so far

It is hard to believe that it is already September. It seems like only yesterday Americans were making New Year’s resolutions and rolling their eyes at the presence of Valentine’s Day fare in retail stores. However, it is indeed already autumn and many changes in the nation’s laws over the past nine months illustrate just how transformative 2014 has been to-date.

Do I need a lawyer for my wage and hour issue?

There are some situations in life that compel individuals to seek out the assistance of a trained professional. For example, if you were suffering from a heart attack, you would go to the hospital. Attempting to weather this heart attack without the assistance of professional healthcare providers could prove to be a fatal decision. Similarly, if you are looking to build a house, you would consult a trained contractor as building one on your own could lead to any number of injurious and otherwise unsafe situations.

How do I file a discrimination complaint with the EEOC?

Under numerous circumstances, individuals wishing to hold an entity or entities accountable for legal conduct benefit both from filing a civil lawsuit and from alerting government agencies to the situation at hand. These simultaneous actions are often undertaken in both personal injury and business litigation scenarios. In the employment law context however, individuals must often alert a specific government agency to their plight before they can legally file an employment discrimination lawsuit.

How do I get approved for FMLA leave from work?

The Family and Medical Leave Act is a federal law designed to allow workers to take time away from their jobs for specific and important parental and health reasons without fear of losing their positions or experiencing retaliation. If you or your spouse has recently given birth to or adopted a baby, or if you have a debilitating illness or injury and need to take time off of work to recover, you may be eligible to take FMLA leave.

Email Us For A Response

Contact Watkins & Letofsky, LLP For more information about our practice, please contact us online
or by phone at 866-439-1295

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Watkins & Letofsky, LLP

Santa Ana Office
2900 S Harbor Boulevard., Suite 240
Santa Ana, CA 92704-6418

Toll Free: 866-439-1295
Fax: 949-476-9407
Santa Ana Law Office Map

Las Vegas Office
8215 S. Eastern Avenue
Suite 265
Las Vegas, NV 89123

Toll Free: 866-439-1295
Fax: 702-974-1297
Map & Directions

Review Us